Aunt V: Hey, cutie! Whats new? I've missed you! Are you still liking your big girl school?
Amelie: Mmmm..Yes! It's nice. Everyone is nice. School is nice.
Aunt V: Oh, well that's good. I've just been hanging out with Uncle Andryw. I also read a book recently that I think you would like. It's called Don Quixote. It's about this knight--
Amelie: --- like Mike the Knight?
Aunt V: Yes, exactly like Mike the Knight. Well, he rides around on his donkey -
Amelie: -- Donkey Oatey?
Aunt V: Yes, Don Quixote rides around on his donkey-
Amelie: ----The donkey rides a donkey?
Aunt V: No, Don Quixote, the knight, rides his donkey, Rosinante.
Amelie: The donkey is a knight? umm... I don't think so, Aunt V.
Aunt V: No, the Don isn't a knight, but he wants to be, and he DOES own the donkey.
Amelie: Okay, so the book is about the Donkey Oatey and he wants to be a knight so he can ride a donkey named Rosie Auntey?
Aunt V: Nailed it.
I don't think we'll be forming a true book club anytime soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment